By Laia Cardona, on 1 February 2023
In November 2022, ChatGPT came to light, revolutionizing the world of Artificial Intelligence. Some say that this technology could even take Google's place as a search engine. But what exactly is it? In this article we tell you all about this system and show you how it could be useful for your company, for example by helping you in your content strategy.
What Is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is a system that works with Artificial Intelligence and has positioned itself as one of the most advanced in recent times, as it is capable of answering a wide variety of questions and creating many types of written content.
The ChatGPT technology is trained to hold conversations. Specifically, it is based on the GPT-3 AI language model developed by OpenAI, a non-profit AI research company (created by Elon Musk and Sam Altman) that aims to develop this type of technology to be beneficial for humanity.
This language model has been trained with large amounts of text and information and is not only capable of generating text, but also of performing translations. With this link you can register to use it completely free of charge.
Users who have already been able to test it are very impressed with the quality of this AI, both for its speed and for the wide variety of topics it is able to write about.
However, some experts warn of the importance of not providing private or dangerous information during conversations, since the AI continues to learn and train from all the conversations it has.
However, ChatGPT's conversational possibilities are immense, from writing articles or summaries of any topic to product sheets, scripts for Instagram or YouTube, and much more.
Why Is ChatGPT So Impressive?
The most impressive thing about ChatGPT is its ability to give surprisingly complete, (mostly) accurate answers, as it does not limit itself to answering in a single paragraph. Moreover, its answers have an extremely natural tone, which makes it very difficult to distinguish its texts from those written by a human being.
ChatGPT's ability to understand the context of the conversation is also very surprising. Thus, if at any time you ask it a question related to an answer it has already given you, it will have no problem identifying this and knowing what you mean.
Another of the most remarkable aspects of this AI is its ability to talk about any topic. Later we will give you some varied examples of what it is capable of doing, but its possibilities are practically unlimited when it comes to conversing. In fact, is also has a sense of humor and is able to generate funny answers and tell jokes!
Because of all this and more, this system has completely revolutionized the ways we use Artificial Intelligence.
For now, the consequences it will have on our society are unknown. Some have already theorized about its ability to replace Google, though not everyone agrees with this. What is clear is that it will impact the way we write, study, and work.
How Can You Use ChatGPT?
Using ChatGPT is very simple. In fact, much of its success is due to this. Currently, its development is in beta phase, so, as we said before, it is totally free for now.
To start using ChatGPT, you simply have to register or log in (if you have already completed the registration process).
Once you are in, you can start interacting with it by asking any kind of question. The developer, OpenAI, suggests some sample questions, however, we suggest that you just ask the questions that most interest you.
Keep in mind that the more context you use when formulating your question, the more accurate of an answer ChatGPT will give you. In addition, you can not only formulate the question, but you can also indicate the language in which you want the answer as well as the tone or the style. You can even ask for a certain number of words.
There is also an advanced possibility, which consists of installing extensions for Chrome, Microsoft, Firefox, or Edge. This way, when you search for something in any of these search engines, on the left you will get the answers proposed by ChatGPT, which can be a good complement to the information provided by other websites.
Pros and Cons of ChatGPT
As with everything, this technology has both negatives and positives.
Here are some of the the pros of ChatGPT technology:
- Support for marketing teams: many people think that this type of technology is going to replace the work of content creators. However, although it is not something that is ruled out in the future, for now it does not have the capacity to do this. It can, however, be a great support for professionals when creating a content strategy.
- Development of chatbots: this AI model can be used to develop chatbots that can have quite natural conversations with customers and respond accurately and consistently to all their questions.
- Support for traditional online search engines: as mentioned above, this chat can be installed as an extension to generate complementary search results to those provided by search engines.
Nevertheless, there are several negative aspects such as the following:
- Biased answers: as an AI that feeds on the information generated by humans, ChatGPT's answers can fall into biases of any kind. However, to reduce these possibilities, its creators have set certain limits. It does not answer questions related to current events, nor does it search the web for information on recent events. It does not answer "inappropriate requests".
- Disinformation: for the time being this chat should not be taken as a serious source of information. In fact, one of OpenAI's CEOs, Sam Altman, has warned of the experimental nature of the system. Although the answers generated by this AI are often very good, coherent, and grammatically correct, this does not mean that everything it says is true. That is why we should not take the information it transmits as fact. Many users have seen how this system invents facts, data, and sources, as it is made to be conversational, not accurate.
Examples of Questions You Can Ask ChatGPT
To give you a better idea of ChatGPT, here are some examples of real questions we have asked the answers that the chatbot provided.
Example 1: Who Are You ChatGPT?
First, we wanted to get an answer to the question "who are you", a very typical question when we talk about Artificial Intelligences. However, it is important to remember that this type of system is not able to reason nor to understand the meaning of the words, as well as the intention with which the questions are asked.
Example 2: What Is Email Marketing?
Questions like this one show that this technology can be a great support for professionals when developing a content strategy. Teams can be inspired by the answers and use them to create their own definition of what email marketing is.
Example 3: What Places Should I Visit in New York City?
Bloggers or content creators can also use this technology as a form of support or inspiration when creating posts for their blogs or social networks.