By Walter Moore, on 9 October 2019
The best thing about social media is that you get a large number of channels to use. When you use such a cross platform for your business marketing purpose, you automatically increase the chances of getting a large number of traffic towards your business website.
However, amongst all available channels in the social media platform, Instagram happens to be the most popular one. The fact that Instagram has more than 500 million business profiles may tempt you to use this as your launching platform for your business product. For this you will need to make sure of two most important things such as:
- You will need to use the best photos to showcase your product and
- You will need to create the best level of engagement and drive more traffic towards your site.
This is because, apart from your Instagram profile bio and the hashtags, you will not have any possibilities to write anything else anywhere on your posts, which typically is an image or a video. It is only when you can drive your Instagram followers towards your official website you will be able to tell them more about your product and its features.
Adding filters and editing photos
When you see photos on other sites such as Stormlikes.com you may wonder why their photos look so good and gorgeous and yours do not. Well, it may be because you do not edit your photos just as the way they do.
Editing photos is a very important factor when you want to post photos on Instagram as that will make your images look different from the others and make it more appealing. However, this is not a very difficult task. Moreover, given that fact that Instagram comes with several built in tools, filters and features you will be able to edit your photos without even having to take any help from any professional photographer or photo editor. You can do it yourself in minutes and crate a massive impact on the quality of your images.
To make photos editing very simple you should follow these tips:
- To start with first select a great photo because no matter how well you edit and how long you spend on the process if the image itself lacks in lighting or composition nothing can be fixed with editing.
- Next, consider selecting and using a few other apps as well apart from those that are available on Instagram to edit your photo such as free Snapseed editing app. This will allow you to apply several interesting and appealing effects such as tonal contrast and HDR. You will also be able to adjust contrast, brightness, and saturation of the image. You can also use the VSCO app which is another popular photo editing app that comes with a large number of free filters that may look likea popular film stock.At this stage of your editing process you can add supplementary Instagram filters but make sure that you do not go too crazy. This is because each of the Instagram filtershasits own ability to change a photo drastically.
- Follow this step by adjusting your photo lux exposure and balance. According to Instagram, lux will provide the much desirable brightnessto the photos. If this is properly balanced then lux can give your imagesa more vibrant look that will help you to bring out the most intricate details in it. In order to do this all you have to do is press the sun icon at the top of the screen and adjust the brightness level.
Finish your photo editing process by making a few final tweaks on your images by using the editing tools of Instagram. This is also an easy process wherein all you have to do is press Edit so that you can adjust the alignment, contrast, brightness, and structure. Press next when you are done adding the final details and post your photos.
About the videos
Now that you know a lot about making your ordinary looking images attractive and appealing, you must also know a little bit about the videos as well so that you can post these as well if you want to explain things in a much better way, especially if you want to explain how to use your product or make it.
To start with you must know that Instagram will only allow you to upload videosas long as these are a minute or less in length. That means, if your video is more than that permissible time limit, you will need to edit it as well. However, it is also important to make sure that the video stays meaningful even after editing so that it is useful for the viewers.
For editing your videos you can download either professionally edited videos from the internet or use those videos that you have edited in your mobile app. You can also use different other free video editing tools such as Splice that will allow you to do a lot of things such as:
- It will allow you to cut multiple clips together
- It will help you to add transitions
- You can even add music to your video and last but not least
- You can add a suitable and relevant title to your video clip.
You may also use the Instagram videos default to play videos without sound. In order to make the best use of this option and also to make sure that the viewers do not miss out on anything right from the instant the video is on you must make sure that the first few seconds of your video at least do not require any sound to be understood. Later on you can prompt your viewers or use your caption to turn on the sound.
Finally, make sure that the entire video clip is easy to understand with or without the sound. Incorporate clear actions that will explain what the subject wants to say. This is because people often want to watch a video on mute mode.