By Clàudia Martínez, on 2 August 2021
The social network TikTok has become a favorite among users, especially younger ones. It also has great opportunities for marketing because you can use it to increase brand awareness and reach new audiences.
As with any other social network, if you want to have a presence and grow your followers, you will have to publish content on a regular basis. So here are 20 content ideas to attract more followers on TikTok.
20 Ideas to Get More Followers on TikTok
1. Publish Valuable Content. This is a classic that never fails: provide something useful to your audience. For example, you can get inspired by what we do in our account from the Spanish side of at Cyberclick.
2. Join the social challenges that are trending on the web or launch your own challenge with a hashtag from your brand. Check out an example from the popular #levelup challenge below if you need some ideas to get started.
3. Post dance videos. Dance videos are one of the classics types of content on TikTok. They get a lot of attention and and you can even combine a challenge and a dance.
4. Make playbacks. This is another type of content that's commonly seen on this network. It lets you add stickers, test, and other effects to your TikToks.
5. Make duet videos. Duets are another TikTok trend. They are based on taking an already published video and then add your own recording.
6. Answer questions with the title of a song. This is another thing that is trending on this network.
7. Make videos related to the most current events, whether that's something is the news a topic in pop culture or something that's trending online.
8. Create videos about your daily life where you can include your friends, activities, hobbies, etc.
9. Post beautiful and relaxing videos. Because sometimes all we need is to see colorful paint slowly spread across a sheet of paper. Really.
10. Share educational videos. A lot of content on TikTok is focused on entertainment, but that doesn't mean there's no place for education.
11. Partner with an influencer to produce content.
12. Create videos to celebrate special occasions like anniversaries, holidays, Women's Day, etc.
13. Post creative tutorials of your products. Especially relevant for makeup and DIY.
14. Create a branded filter. Similar to Instagram and Snapchat, creators can add augmented reality lenses and filters to their videos to create special effects, and brands can take advantage of this trend by uploading custom filters.
15. Make slow motion videos. They are fun to watch and users love them.
16. Organize a contest through a hashtag and encourage users to generate content to participate.
17. Use the "freeze frame" effect. This peculiar feature allows you to create videos where the user appears as a frozen image and then can interact with themself.
18. Make "before and after" videos about makeup, clothing, decoration, etc. These types of videos are suitable for many topics and help you show the spectacular results of your products and talent.
19. Broadcast live videos. Like many social networks, TikTok also has live video, so you can use it to interact with your audience in real time.
20. Reflect the personality of your brand. There are many types of content on TikTok, but you should not lose sight of the values and essence of your brand. If users like your content on other networks, you can certainly find a way to adapt it to TikTok.