Currently, Facebook is the social network with the highest number of active users in the world. As of 2021, there are approximately 2.85 billion active Facebook users so don't let the opportunity to advertise with Facebook ads slip by!
Facebook ads are booming right now. They are not just a fad, nor is it a coincidence that a large portion of businesses chose to use Facebook ads. The target audiences of practically every business can be found on Facebook. This platform offers a quick, economical, and effective way to reach users with your promotional messages. The ads can be highly personalized and, thanks to the information Facebook gathers about its users, you can even create campaigns oriented towards a very precise target audience. Because of this, the success you can have by using Facebook ads is virtually limitless.
What Are Facebook Ads?
Thanks to Facebook’s advertising tools, you can easily set up an attractive Facebook ad! All it takes is a message with an eye-catching picture or video that grabs the attention of your audience. If you have used other online advertising platforms such as Google ads, you will see there aren’t many big differences between the formats.
To make Facebook ads requires having a budget to invest in ads and a message to share with your audience. Although you can make sponsored ads that are focused on all Facebook users, it's better to have your target audience well-defined in order to segment the campaign and get the best results.
Why Should Your Business Use Facebook Ads?
There are many reasons why you should implement Facebook ads. In fact, Facebook ads have a lot of advantages you should be aware of such as:
- Audience segmentation. Thanks to the data Facebook gathers about its users, it’s quite easy to segment your audience and make sure that your message reaches people who are likely to engage with your product or service. No matter who your target audience is, you’ll find them on Facebook. From there, you can create campaigns that exclusively target them.
- Going viral. Even though you pay per click for each ad, users can help you save lots of money if they share your ad with their friends. The reach of Facebook ads is not just limited to those who happen to see your advertisement. If you create a compelling, funny, interesting, etc. ad, it can have a major impact as people share it with their networks and possible make it go viral.
- Interactive ads. In addition to promoting your products and services, you can launch interactive ad campaigns which will allow you to acquire important data about your audience. A good example might be a contest for an upcoming leads campaign.
- Price. Facebook ads are very economical. You only pay per click and/or conversion earned.
- Measurement. Pretty much everyone who invests in advertising wants to know how to best spend their money and how to measure their investment's efficiency. With Facebook ads, this data is accessible easily thanks to the integrated statistics panel offered completely free of charge.
What Kinds of Ads Are There on Facebook?
On Facebook, you can promote just about anything, from an external page, to an app, to an event, to a product. However, before launching a Facebook ad campaign, it’s important to define the ad’s primary objective. This way can you decide how you will pay and what type of campaign you should run.
Regardless of your specific objectives, you should utilize some type of Facebook ad. Although we will discuss the different types of campaigns that exist within Facebook in the following section, you should define whether you want to pay per click (PPC) or if you will pay per impression (CPI).
PPC is ideal if you are going to generate traffic to Facebook or towards an external website, and are looking for visits or conversions. CPI, however, is better if you intend to simply increase overall brand visibility.
Types of Facebook Ad Campaigns
Now that you know what Facebook Ads are and how they can benefit your brand, there’s still one more important thing left to discuss before you launch a Facebook ad campaign: the types of advertising that exist on Facebook. Though it may appear to be pretty simple, there are actually up to 14 different types of paid ads available. Let's check them out!
- Promote your posts. This ad aims to promote your website or Facebook page.
- Promote you page. This ad is positioned to promote your website.
- Reach people near your business. This ad targets users who are geographically close to your business. Just an address is sufficient in order to configure the ad and then you should start to see more visits.
- Increase brand recognition and awareness. In this case, the ad acts as a ‘corporate ad’ which aims to reach the people most likely to pay attention to your company.
- Attract people to your website. This offers the advertiser the opportunity of getting more traffic to their website.
- Increase app downloads. As the name implies, this ad invites users to download a specific app.
- Increase the number of attendees at your event. This ad promotes a specific event with the end goal of increasing the number of people attending and tickets sold.
- Increase a video’s views. The goal of this type of ad is to increase the number of views that a video gets. It may be a video ad itself.
- Generate potential clients. This type of Facebook ad is geared towards acquiring leads.
- Boost the number of conversions on your website. This type of ad is meant to increase the conversions of a specific marketing action.
- Increase app interaction. If you want more users to either use or interact with your app, this is the Facebook ad for you.
- Get people to use a special offer. This type of Facebook ad aims to promote a special offer just for Facebook users.
- Promote a catalogue of products. If you have a catalogue of products or services that you want people to know about, this ad is your best bet!
- Get people to visit your business in person. This Facebook ad is geared towards people who are geographically close to your business’s location. Its goal is to increase the number of in-person visits.
With all this information about Facebook ads and how they work, you can go ahead and start to plan your own Facebook ads campaign! Make sure to take advantage of all the possibilities that Facebook offers.