By Helen Holovach (Guest Author), on 20 December 2019
Lead generation plays an important role in the success of any business, as this is the initial step in the sales funnel. With so many different options, lead generating can seem overwhelming and complicated. But it doesn’t have to be.
In this article, I’ll cover 7 lead generation trends to follow in 2020. They’ve already proven their credibility and profitability, so you will surely benefit.
Lead Generation Trends
1. Influencer Marketing
Influencer marketing is one of the key lead generation trends. Increasingly, more and more companies are finding influencers in their niche and collaborating with them. This trend has been around for a while and has proven its reliability.
Influencers may anywhere from a thousand to millions of followers, who are not only loyal but also trust what the influencers say and follow the trends they set.
Because the influencer has their audience’s trust, the followers are exposed to the brand. This can mean fast lead generation, growing conversion rates, and a good ROI for your brand.
2. Video Marketing
The popularity of videos grew significantly in 2019. It has been predicted by experts to account for 82% of the total web traffic by 2022. Research has also shown that 60% of individuals prefer watching videos than television or reading. Video marketing has great potential to boost engagement, reach, and drive sales. It is a very important lead generation strategy to increase authority and trust.
You can increase your lead generation by posting your videos in the following spaces:
- YouTube channel: YouTube is the major social media platform where you can generate dozens of leads through videos.
- Social media posts: People spend more than 2 hours a day on social media. This means that you can find lots of leads there, especially when you consider the fact that video posts on social media get 48% more views. Consequently, the more people recognize your brand, the more loyal they become over time.
- Video in emails: Via email, you can both nurture leads and convert them. Educational videos are the best for your email marketing strategy.
3. Email Marketing
Email marketing helps you build brand credibility as well as establish trust. Apart from this, employing email marketing will develop relationships between both your clients and prospects.
Email marketing allows you to reach out to both cold and warm leads, deliver weekly newsletters, educate leads about your product, always be top of mind, and segment and personalize to be even more reliable.
4. Interactive Content
Interactive content is a lead generation trend that will have a massive effect on businesses in 2020. Several studies have shown that interactive elements generate an excellent response. For example, interactive emails show a 73% higher click rate.
Interactive content catches the reader’s attention and increases engagement with the content. Here are a few tips for implementing interactive content in your marketing strategy:
- Interactive infographics & calculators to attract leads and keep them engaged
- Interactive videos on YouTube and in your emails that demand a definite simple action from the viewer to get additional information
- Quizzes, surveys, polls that will help you get more data on your leads and clients
- Interactive emails, white papers, e-books that will help the readers perceive the information easier and in a more exciting manner
5. Voice Search Marketing
Voice search will represent about 50% of the searches in 2020. Voice search can have a massive effect on lead generation, causing brands to start paying more attention to this method. Brands need to begin to consider elements such as natural language processing (NLP) and rankings for their voice search campaigns.
Voice searches are when voice assistants such as Google Assistant, Siri, Alexa, or Cortana read the featured snippets for your search. Voice search will be an interesting trend to watch in 2020, especially as marketers compete for their content to be in elusive position 0.
6. Content Marketing
Content marketing includes creating and spreading relevant and informative data with the aim of growing brand awareness and producing lead generation. Content is an exceptional opportunity for you to not only attract leads but also lead them through the sales funnel.
Content marketing involves podcasts, e-books, infographics, blog posts, webinars, case studies, videos, etc. There’s one important thing about content creation: you need to work on content optimization for the search engines. This lead generation trend will lead to better brand visibility, consequently, to faster lead generation.
7. AI Technologies
This lead generation trend is becoming more popular and widespread. There are so many options on the web to use AI on every stage of the marketing process. There are tools and platforms that support you in defining your target audience, searching for them, composing emails, and so much more! AI is time-efficient and more effective.
Lead Generation Best Practices
There are a few old but still, effective tips that will help you recognize and implement your lead generation technology.
- Buyer persona image: Everything begins with recognizing the identity of your audience. You need to be aware of what bothers your audience, define the ways you can help them, and develop relevant products or quality content that resonate with them.
- Lead qualification: Lead qualification is the attribute used to recognize or predict if a lead will eventually make a purchase. The two stages of qualifying a lead are the marketing and sales qualification.
- Segmentation: Segmentation stands for breaking down your base of leads into small units and using their actions to send additional appealing marketing information to them. It enables you to prioritize your leads based on their level of engagement with your content.
- Personalization: Personalization is used to make your audience feel unique by customizing the experience based on the hints they drop throughout the webspace. You can use available data from browsing history, device location, and opt-in forms to make them feel special using the details you generate about them.
Automation: Automation offers a combination of mechanisms that enables you to leverage on lead generation by converting visitors into leads and eventually leading them to the bottom of the sales funnel where they finally make a purchase.